Notice about 2017 South China Symposium of Structural Biology
Co-hosted by the Biological Society of China, the Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Fuzhou University, the 2017 South China Symposium of Structural Biology will be held in Fuzhou from November 24 to 26, 2017.
The symposium will discuss a series of topics, such as x-ray crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy and magnetic resonance imaging. Participants will exchange new ideas on structural biology, and the participation of young people is highly valued. We sincerely invite you to join the symposium.
I. Conference Organization
Chairman of the conference: academician Rao Zihe
1. Academic Committee
Director: academician Rao Zihe
Committee members: Guo Zhihong, Huang Mingdong, Lin Donghai, Lin Tianwei, Liu Jinsong, Xie Wei, Zhang Hongmin
2. Organizing Committee
Director: Huang Mingdong
Vice-director: Chen Zhuo, Guo Zhihong, Lin Donghai, Lin Tianwei, Liu Jinsong, Ouyang Songying, Shi Ning, Wu Yunkun, Xie Wei, Zhang Hongmin
Secretary general: Xu Peng
Deputy secretary general: Chen Jincan, Hu Ping, Jiang Longguang, Li Diandian, Li Jinyu, Liang Zhijun, Lin Zhonghui, Wang Yu, Yuan Cai
II. Conference date: November 24 to 26, 2017
III. Venue: Yishan Building, Fuzhou, Fujian province
IV. Registration and registration fee
1. Please fill in the attached registration form and send it to SCSBS2017@163.com. The title of the email should follow the format of “Conference registration, name, registration fee”. A payment transfer voucher (scanning copy or photo) should be attached so that we can check and confirm your remittance, then issue the invoice in time.
2. Wire Transfer Instruction
Name of account owner: Fuzhou University
Bank of deposit: Fenghuang subbranch in Fuzhou of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
Bank account number: 1402 0134 0900 8800 551
Please write down “SCSBS2017/remitter’s name: ______ ” when you transfer the registration fee, filling in your name.
3. The amount of the registration fee: 800 yuan for each representative, 300 yuan for each student, 300 yuan for each accompanying person
4. Registration deadline: October 20, 2017. In principle, signing up after Oct. 20 won’t be permitted.
V. Requirements for Essays
1. Abstract Submission: The deadline for abstract submission is October 20, 2017. Both a Chinese version and English version are required to be sent to SCSBS2017@163.com, indicating whether you apply to give an oral presentation or poster presentation. The title of the email should follow the format of "Abstract Submission, name, oral presentation/poster presentation". To see the desired form of abstract please refer to the template in Annex II.
2. Poster Presentation: Besides subjective report, poster presentation are also a major form of academic exchange, and are encouraged. Those who will give poster presentation should prepare a poster according to the format requirement, which will be explained in the paper acceptance letter.
3. Conference Language: Chinese or English
VI. Time Arrangement
VII. Lodging Arrangement
1. Hotel: Yishan Building, Fuzhou, Fujian province
No. 577 Gongye Road, Gulou District, Fuzhou, Fujian province
Phoenix Holiday Inn
No. 289, Yangqiao Middle Road, Fuzhou, Fujian province
For transportation information, please refer to Annex III.
2. Lodging arrangements: The organizer provides accommodation, so there is no need for participants to pay for it. Participants should specify a roommate; if none is specified, the organizing committee will assign one randomly. If anyone needs a single room, please so indicate and be prepared to pay the price difference on site. Thank you for your cooperation.
VIII. Important Deadlines
Deadline for conference registration: October 20, 2017
Deadline for abstract submission: October 20, 2017
1. Fuzhou University, Jiang Longguang, 0591- 22867972 (O), email@example.com
2. Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xu Peng, 0591-63173089 (O), firstname.lastname@example.org
Annex I: Registration form
Annex II: Template of conference abstract
Annex III: Transportation guide