Home> Plenary speakers
Chen Yeguang, Ph.D; Professor; Cheung Kong Scholar; Recipient of the National Science Foundation for Outstanding Young Scientists of China
1979-1983 Jiangxi University, BSc of Biology
1983-1986 Jiangxi University, MSc of Zoology
1988-1990 Fordham University，MSc of Cell Biology
1991-1996 Albert Einstein College of Medicine，PhD of Cell Biology
1996-2000 Post-doctoral Research Associate, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center/Howard Hughes Medical Institute
2000-2002 Assistant Professor, University of California, Riverside
2002-present Professor, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
The molecular mechanism of cell signaling. His research interests concern how TGF-β and Wnt signaling are regulated and aims to understand their roles in embryogenesis, stem cell self-renewal and differentiation and tumorigenesis.
1. Qi Z, Li Y, Zhao B, Xu C, Liu Y, Wang X, Yang X, Li B, Han JD, Chen YG#. 2017. BMP restricts the self-renewal of intestinal Lgr5+ stem cells by directly suppressing their signature genes. Nature Communications,8:13824.
2. Zhao B, Qi Z, Li Y, Wang C, Fu W, Chen YG#. 2015 The non-muscle-myosin-II heavy chain Myh9 mediates colitis-induced epithelium injury by restricting Lgr5+ stem cells. Nature Communications, 6:7166.
3. Zuo W, Huang F, Chiang YJ, Li M, Du J, Ding Y, Zhang T, Lee HW, Jeong LS, Chen Y, Deng H, Feng XH, Luo S, Gao C, Chen YG# 2013 c-Cbl-mediated neddylation antagonizes ubiquitination and degradation of the TGF-β type II receptor. Molecular Cell, 49(3):499-510.
4. Li Z, Fei1 T, Zhang J, Zhu G, Wang L, Lu D, Chi X, Teng Y, Hou N, Yang X, Zhang H, Han JD, Chen YG# 2012 BMP4 signaling acts via Dual Specificity Phosphatase 9 to control ERK activity in mouse embryonic stem cells. Cell Stem Cell, 10:171-182.
5. Gao C, Cao W, Bao W, Zuo W, Xie G, Cai T, Fu W, Zhang J, Wu W, Zhang X, Chen YG# 2010 Autophagy negatively regulates Wnt signaling by promoting Dishevelled degradation. Nature Cell Biology, 12:781-790.
6. Fei T, Xia K, Li Z, Zhou B, Zhu S, Chen H, Zhang J, Chen Z, Xiao H, Han JD#, Chen YG# 2010 Genome-wide Mapping of Smad Target Genes Reveals the Role of BMP Signaling in Embryonic Stem Cell Fate Determination. Genome Research, 20:36-44.
7. Zhang W, Jiang Y, Wang Q, Ma X, Xiao Z, Zuo W, Fang X#, Chen YG# 2009 Single molecule imaging reveals transforming growth factor-β-induced type II receptor dimerization. Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA, 106:15679-15683.
8. Wang Q, Huang Z, Xue H, Jin C, Ju XL, Han JD, Chen YG# 2008 MicroRNA miR-24 inhibits erythropoiesis by targeting activin type I receptor ALK4. Blood, 111:588-595.
9. Ma J, Wang Q, Fei T, Han JD, Chen YG# 2007 MCP-1 mediates TGF-β-induced angiogenesis by stimulating vascular smooth muscle cell migration. Blood, 109:987-994.
10. Zhang S, Fei T, Zhang L, Zhang R, Chen F, Ning Y, Han Y, Feng XH, Meng A, Chen YG# 2007 Smad7 antagonizes TGF-β signaling in the nucleus by interfering with functional Smad-DNA complex formation. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 27:4488-4499.
11. Zhang L, Zhou H, Su Y, Sun S, Zhang H, Zhang L, Zhang Y, Ning Y, Chen YG#, Meng A# 2004 Zebrafish Dpr2 inhibits mesoderm induction by promoting degradation of Nodal receptors. Science, 306:114-117.