PH.D., Professor, CASM
The Institute of Cancer and Basic Medicine, CAS, China
B. S., Department of Precision Instrument, Tsinghua University.
M.S., Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University.
Ph.D., Biophysics Institute, Technical University Munich.
Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University.
Professor, School of Life Sciences (replacing the Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology in September of 2009 ), Tsinghua University.
Using cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) in combination with biochemical, biophysical and cellular methods, our lab currently focuses on: (1) structures, functions and mechanisms of large protein complexes, macromolecular machines and membrane proteins, and (2) molecular mechanisms of membrane trafficking, lipid-protein interactions and membrane-related human diseases.
1. Ma J, You X, Sun S, Wang X, Qin S, Sui SF*. (2020) Structural basis of energy transfer in Porphyridium purpureum phycobilisome. Nature, 579(7797):146-151.
2. Pi X, Zhao S, Wang W, Liu D, Xu C, Han G, Kuang T*, Sui SF*, Shen JR*. (2019) The pigment-protein network of a diatom photosystem II-light-harvesting antenna supercomplex. Science, 365(6452). pii: eaax4406.
3. Huang X, Sun S, Wang X, Fan F, Zhou Q, Lu S, Cao Y, Wang QW, Dong MQ, Yao J, Sui SF*.（2019）Mechanistic insights into the SNARE complex disassembly. Sci Adv.,5(4).
4. Qin X, Pi X, Wang W, Han G, Zhu L, Liu M, Cheng L, Shen JR, Kuang T*, Sui SF*. (2019) Structure of a green algal photosystem I in complex with a large number of light-harvesting complex I subunits. Nat Plants, 5(3):263-272.
5. Pi X, Tian L, Dai HE, Qin X, Cheng L, Kuang T, Sui SF*, Shen JR*. (2018) Unique organization of photosystem I-light-harvesting supercomplex revealed by cryo-EM from a red alga. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 115(17):4423-4428.
6. Yang X, Yang F, Wang W, Lin G, Hu Z, Han Z, Qi Y, Zhang L, Wang J, Sui SF*, Chai J*. (2018) Structural basis for specific flagellin recognition by the NLR protein NAIP5. Cell Research, 28(1):35-47.
7. Zhang J, Ma J, Liu D, Qin S, Sun S*, Zhao J, Sui SF*. (2017) Structure of phycobilisome from the red alga Griffithsia pacifica. Nature, 551(7678):57-63. 8.
8. Sun S, Li L, Yang F, Wang X, Fan F, Yang M, Chen C, Li X, Wang HW, Sui SF*. (2017) Cryo-EM structures of the ATP-bound Vps4-E233Q hexamer and its complex with Vta1 at near-atomic resolution. Nat Commun., 8:16064.
9. Hu Z, Zhou Q, Zhang C, Fan S, Cheng W, Zhao Y, Shao F, Wang HW, Sui SF*, Chai J*. (2015) Structural and Biochemical Basis for Induced Self-propagation of NLRC4. Science, 350(6259):399-404.
10. Chang L, Liu X, Li Y, Liu CC, Yang F, Zhao J*, Sui SF*. (2015) Structural organization of an intact phycobilisome and its association with photosystem II. Cell Research, 25(6):726-737.